Welcome to Brahmaputra Cancer Care Society, Mumbai
Brahmaputra Cancer Care Society (BCCS), Mumbai is a voluntary nonprofit organization established in 2010 for the noble cause of extending support and care to the cancer patients and their families. Lots of cancer patients, especially from the North Eastern states of India come to Mumbai for better treatment and medical support. The patients of the dreaded disease and their families from different backgrounds and ages undergo a damning mental distress, hopelessness and turmoil. Poor economic condition of many of the patients leads to the need of every support right from the onset of their journey for better medical aids. The whole process is excruciatingly painful... read more+
- BCCS, Mumbai is organizing an event "Ittishy Hashi, Ittishy Khushi", a cancer awareness and fund rising entertainment program for the welfare of cancer patients. The program comprises of a talk on cancer awareness and palliative care by renowned oncologists of Navi Mumbai and an entertainment program for the cancer patients by legendary poet of Comic & Satiric Poetry and pioneer in unique tradition of "Hasya-Ras" in India Padma Shri Dr. Surendra Sharma and his team.
- Nutritional support to economically weak cancer patients BCCS has initiated a project funded by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (ONGC) with the objective of providing nutritional support to the poor cancer patients coming for treatment to Mumbai. It includes regular food supplement to the poor patients on day to day basis and the protein supplement with proper counseling by BCCS Doctors, which is an essential component for recovery of cancer patients during their treatment. The one-year project is scheduled to be completed by Dec 2017. Under the project, BCCS has provided medical counselling to about two hundred patients, regular free food to more than hundred numbers of poor patients and also distributed protein units to them.
- Blood donation camp organized at Navi MumbaiBCCS is very much passionate for care of cancer patient. As a social welfare measure BCCS organized a Blood Donation camp on 1 st October 2016 at Om Navjeevan Hospital, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, in association Tata Memorial hospital, Kharghar. Collected blood will be used for the cancer patients of the "Tata Memorial hospital". Highlight of the program is that large number of students from local Engineering college came to donate blood. They also played a skit to create awareness on "joy of Giving". The camp was inaugurated by Chairman of BCCS where Dr Auti of Om Navjeevan hospital was chief guest. Whole program was a great success.
- Free medical counseling by BCCS doctors.
- Provide nutritional support to the patients in need along with vitamin and minerals.
- Volunteer services to guide the cancer patient at different Hospitals in Mumbai.
- Provide affordable accommodation at Navi Mumbai.
- Water Purification and Hot & Cold water dispensing system for the cancer patients at Assam Bhavan, Vashi, Mumbai.
- Financial assistance for a prosthetic limb for a cancer patient for amputated leg.
- Financial assistance and association for cancer detection camp organized by The Mahakali Advanced Locality Management Committee, Andheri, Mumbai...
Read more [+]
- Medical Counseling
- Nutritional Support
- Accommodation & Logistics
- Major Initiatives
- Upcoming Initiatives
- Area of work
- Bank Details
On going initiatives
In line with the ongoing activities, BCCS is planning to organize a cancer detection camp in association with Indian Cancer Society and a Blood Donation Camp in association with Tata Memorial Centre at Navi Mumbai. BCCS is also planning to expand its activities with cancer awareness programs to the North-Eastern part of India.