In addition to the specific areas of our activities the following aids were provided from time to time since the inception of BCCS, Mumbai
- Water Purification and Hot & Cold water dispensing system for the cancer patients at Assam Bhavan, Vashi, Mumbai
- Financial assistance for a prosthetic limb for a cancer patient for amputated leg.
- Financial assistance and association for cancer detection camp organized by The Mahakali Advanced Locality Management Committee, Andheri, Mumbai.
- Special medical counseling, interaction with experts, distribution of medicine and utility kit to the patients on BCCS establishment day.
- Provided stretcher and collapsible wheel chair for the benefit of cancer patients at Assam Bhavan,Vashi, Mumbai and Deepsikha Cancer Care Foundation.
The panel of doctors of BCCS attends to the cancer patients for counseling and understands the critical issues, explains the side effects of the treatments and provides required medical services. The doctors also advise the escorts/attendants to help the patients fight with the disease, clear their doubts and come out of their mental agony. Depending on the need, the doctors liaise with different hospitals for any practical problem during the course of treatment.
Patients undergoing radio or chemotherapy need additional nutritional support. The doctors of BCCS advise them suitable foodstuff and help them in identifying the required protein supplements. BCCS offers free protein supplements and free food to financially constrained cancer patients.
Treatment of cancer is a long-drawn process and the patient need to stay for longer periods in Mumbai during the course of their treatment. Getting an affordable accommodation is one of the major concerns in the city like Mumbai, which drains the patients and their escorts physically, mentally and financially. BCCS is operating an accommodation in an independent house at Kharghar, Navi Mumbai for the benefit of cancer patients at a very nominal cost. The accommodation is located near to Tata Memorial hospital, Kharghar with the capacity of 30 patients at a time.
Address of Accommodation: B-13, Near Shivaji Chowk, Sector-12, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai-410210
- Medical Counseling
- Nutritional Support
- Accommodation & Logistics
- Major Initiatives
- Upcoming Initiatives
- Area of work
- Bank Details
On going initiatives
In line with the ongoing activities, BCCS is planning to organize a cancer detection camp in association with Indian Cancer Society and a Blood Donation Camp in association with Tata Memorial Centre at Navi Mumbai. BCCS is also planning to expand its activities with cancer awareness programs to the North-Eastern part of India.